There are many companies and organisations that need to send SMS appointments to their customers or database. This action, as simple as it may seem, can be of vital importance. For example: "it is estimated that more than 20% of medical appointments are missed if they are not reminded or notified in advance".
Such a high percentage of absences will translate into financial losses for the company. This is a fact to be taken into account.
SMS appointments are an effective way to communicate with your customers. You get to maintain a closer communication with them. Moreover, it can become an ideal tool for customer loyalty if you know how to use it in the right way. In this article we will show you how to do it.
Which areas use SMS appointments?
SMS appointments are used in a variety of sectors. They all have one thing in common: to efficiently control the attendance of their customers and to optimise their schedule.
To avoid financial losses and mismatches in schedules and timetables, we need to implement an SMS appointments service. This will provide your company with a management system that allows you to obtain a good ROI.
Sectors that use this service include the following:
- Mutual insurance companies, health centres and dental clinics. They usually send notifications to patients in the form of SMS appointment reminders. Within the same text message there is the option to change or modify the date. There is also the option to call directly by clicking on the number provided within the SMS.
- Public institutions: Public entities often send attendance notifications. Additions to and deletions from a service or the system. Changes and modifications to a person's details, among others.
- Leisure and sports centres: this includes cinemas, leisure centres, gyms, etc. The most commonly used reminders are confirmations and bookings with the date, time and name of the user.
- Workshops: send SMS reminders for vehicle repairs or inspections on a specific date and time. They may include the option to change or modify the appointment via a url that redirects the user to a web service.
Benefits of an SMS appointments service
Here are 3 good reasons why you should rely on SMS appointments:
- Direct and personalised channel: you send an appointment reminder that will arrive directly to the person's mobile phone. Nowadays, who doesn't carry their phone with them? In addition, we can address them with their name and surname, quickly and easily.
- With an open rate of over 96%, text messages are read in less than 3 minutes. This means that the chances of the person seeing the message almost instantly are very high.
- SMS is less intrusive than other channels: it is considered indiscreet to communicate with a person directly on their app when dealing with a brand or company. SMS is a more professional channel.
Learn how to send SMS appointments with Afilnet
We show you how to send an SMS appointments using our platform. You will be able to perform these actions automated, fast and personalised. You can send reminders individually or in bulk SMS, both are very easy to do. In this example we show you how to do it in bulk SMS.
Once we have created an account, we can carry out the following steps to send appointment reminders by SMS. In this example we show you how to send SMS to groups.
The first step is to have our database correctly updated and uploaded to the platform. We recommend exporting this database in excel files or creating it manually with a simple copy and paste. Keep in mind that if you want to address each person in a personalised way, you must have the names in the database. The ideal is to have two columns: one with the telephone numbers and one with the names.
In the second step, we go to send to groups, in the panel on the left. Select the channel to choose: SMS.
In this panel we can edit the sender and fill the message. To personalise each message, you must put person's own name in the [name] field, in square brackets.
Finally, before sending, all that remains is to check the status of the message. Check the number of recipients to be sent, the balance to be used. In general, that all the sending is going to be done correctly. Afterwards, all we have to do is click on the green button: Finish and send.
Try to send appointment and reminders with Afilnet
As you can see, sending SMS appointments is very easy with Afilnet. In a matter of seconds you can send bulk text messages to your database, personalised and fast.
Using an SMS appointment reminder service will help your brand or organisation to be more efficient, communicate more fluently with your customers and of course not to have any losses.
If you need us to help you implement an efficient appointment management service, we will be happy to advise and assist you.