More and more brands are launching their own ecommerce. Having a presence on the internet has become a must for any business that wants to be successful. There are different content management systems for creating online shops, with Prestashop and WordPress having the largest market share. Each of them offers a multitude of possibilities in terms of design and customisation that are in tune with the brand. Equally important, if we want to have an ecommerce that generates a good engagement with customers we need to use efficient communication channels. The SMS module for Prestashop developed by Afilnet allows for seamless communication with customers. From registering in the shop to tracking and order deliveries. In this article we show you how useful it is to have this addon.
What is Prestashop?
Prestashop is an open source CMS (content management system) for creating and managing online shops. It is a tool for retailers to sell products and/or services online. Since 2016, it uses Symfony framework developed in PHP, which improves the functionality and performance of the platform. This makes it one of the top choices for those who want to create an ecommerce.
To get started with Prestashop, you don't need a lot of knowledge. In fact, if you are acquainted with WordPress, you will have no problem doing so, as it uses a similar environment. With Prestashop, you can customise your shop without programming. It is easy to modify and you can add different modules or addons that offer new functionalities from its official marketplace. Here are some of the most important advantages of Prestashop:
- It is a free tool. As it is a free CMS, you only need to download and install it to be able to use it. Obviously some themes and addons do have to be paid for.
- Ease of use. It has an intuitive and simple interface that facilitates all the steps: from the creation of the online shop, the inclusion of products to the integration of modules and payment gateway.
- Customisable. You can adapt the online shop to the branding and visual identity of your brand thanks to the multiple design, configuration and theme options available.
- SEO optimisation. Its structure and default settings are optimised for search engine optimisation.
SMS for ecommerce
SMS for ecommerce is the most appropriate channel if we want to have a good communication with customers. All major brands use text messages to send notifications and promotions to their users. Here are some reasons why this is the case:
- SMS is more visible than other channels. 96% of users open an SMS within 3 minutes of receiving the message. This outperforms email and any other instant messaging app.
- Versatility. SMS has different practical uses ranging from sending personalised notifications, promotions and security measures in management processes.
- Personalisation and segmentation. It is an easily customisable channel where content can be segmented according to the user's purchasing intentions.
SMS applications for ecommerce platforms
SMS for online shops has different applications. Here are a few examples:
- Security and verification: SMS has different security functionalities in user account validation processes, registrations or registrations. For this purpose, passwords are sent by SMS using OTP and 2FA. These are measures that add a layer of security in different actions.
- Notifications. SMS notifications are part of transactional SMS. When a user makes a payment or purchases a product or service, they receive an SMS notification. Throughout the delivery process, the user can keep track of their order or modify it by accessing the SMS. Within an SMS we can send a link or url with access to a web service to carry out these actions.
- Promotions and discounts: Users can receive information through SMS promotions or discount vouchers that are of interest. Promotional SMS are part of the marketing and sales strategy that we can apply to our ecommerce applications. We can segment our user database according to their purchases or interests and send them personalised information at the right time.
SMS module for Prestashop by Afilnet
In Afilnet we have developed a module for Prestashop that will help you improve communication with users during all processes of interaction with your platform. This addon can be purchased in the Prestashop Marketplace. Afilnet's sms sending service allows you to keep in touch with your customers by carrying out the following actions:
- Sending of automated and scheduled notifications by date and time. It also allows you to parameterise the messages and personalise them. You will be able to address each user with their name and/or contact details.
- Integration with the Afilnet platform. Keeping track of delivery reports and the status of all messages sent will help you to optimise communication with customers.
- Omnichannel. In addition to SMS, it allows you to send other channels integrated with Afilnet, such as Email and Automated Voice Calls. All this so that you can expand your communication channels.
- Compatible with other languages.
- 24/7/365 technical support. Afilnet's customer support offers guarantees to help users with any queries or incidents.
Benefits of using SMS module for Prestashop
Convenient and efficient management. The administrator will know the status of orders at all times, without the need to access the shop's administration panel.
Confidence for the customer. On the other hand, the user will be able to track his order. This means being aware of the status of the order at all times, being able to modify it with the options offered within the same SMS.
At Afilnet we work to improve our clients' communications. We develop different modules and plugins compatible with other platforms that you can see on our website. If you want to purchase the SMS module for Prestashop and learn how to use it you can write us or schedule a call. We will be happy to help you.